Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Swim!

My dad is an awesome swimmer. When he was younger, he and his friends swam from the Red Hook piers (Brooklyn, NY) over to Governors Island and back, numerous times. My mom is petrified of water and cannot swim. I guess you can say that I'm in the middle. I can doggie paddle but that's it. I don't like waves (but love the sound of them) and if I’m at the beach and in the water, I must be able to touch the bottom at all times. I will never take a cruise and if, by some weird situation, I'm ever forced to, I will pack a blow-up dingy.


All this to say that I so admire what this young Olympian is doing (see below). With summer right around the corner, get your kids swimming lessons. Not only can it save lives, but they'll be able to cool off and enjoy themselves. Plus, they won't have to pack a dingy which I imagine, will be a big pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment