Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring and Things

Every year toward the end of Winter, I gleefully point out budding trees to my husband. And every year he denies seeing a single bud. It's become our silly tradition. But this year ... *sigh. I refused to allow myself the spying of buds because it's just been so cold and snowy that I didn't want to be disappointed by the still sleeping buds. But last night, driving home, I noticed the tree branches swaying in the glow of the street lamps and my heart leapt! BUDS! Glorious, glorious, buds! It really is Spring! Oh Spring, how I love you!

Okay, so now that you know all of that ^, I want to share scenes from Saving Baby Doe's book birthday with you! And boy, I sure wish I had one of those cupcakes right now!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great launch party! It even started out with sirens. :D The book sounds wonderful too, one that will go on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I know, those sirens were SO freaking perfect!

      Delete