Monday, March 24, 2014

Post Saving Baby Doe Book Launch

Whewwww! The book launch was so ... GREAT! Guys, if you ever find yourself in Downtown Brooklyn, you must stop into BookCourt General Books (163 Court Street)! From the beautiful space to the awesome people who work there, just wonderful!

The book SOLD OUT and made BookCourt's bestseller list and gets to be placed on a special shelf! *sniff* Did you hear that? THE SPECIAL SHELF! Also, I believe it will be offered at 30% off, so if you want a copy and you're in Brooklyn, get over to BookCourt!

So if it's okay, I'd like to ask two things of you. One, if you read and like Saving Baby Doe (or The Trouble with Half a Moon), could you do me a huge favor and leave a review online? And if you're on goodreads, could you leave one there too and maybe give me some star love? I appreciate any kind of love you're willing to give!

Okay, on to number two. You probably don't know this but shelf space in a bookstore is HOT real estate! That means if the book doesn't sell pretty quickly, they SEND them back to the publisher and will not re-order the book. How stinky is that?! This leads me to ask for another favor, pretty please with sugar on top. If you intend to buy the book (man, I feel terrible asking this! forgive me, please!) don't wait too long? Ewww, now I feel dirty!

If you do get the book and would like a signed bookplate, bookmark and related swag (free, of course!), just email or message me and I'll get everything out to you asap.

I want you to know how much I appreciate all of your help. The job of being an author does not stop after the writing is done. We have to then fight for our babies so that they'll be out in the world happy, healthy and reaching the people they need to reach. So a big THANK YOU goes out to you!

Anyway, here are some cool photos from the launch!!













This last photo is my childhood BFF who I haven't seen in years! Yay! So good to see her!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful launch for your baby, Danette. Wish I could have been there... also because I love Brooklyn and cupcakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Mirka! Thank you! It would've been so cool to see you! And yeah, the cupcakes totally rocked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book launch looks like it was a big success. Big congrats!

    ReplyDelete