Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dearest Judy Blume,

I found you while trying to prove my fifth grade teacher wrong after she said I was a weak reader. How dare she write such a terrible LIE on the back of my report card! I had to prove her wrong so I immediately set out to my local library. There was one thing I hadn't counted on and that was falling in love ... with DEENIE, ARE YOU THERE GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET and BLUBBER. When those love affairs ended, I simply craved reading. I craved Sunday's spent in my room with a book, the reading cave I created underneath my quilt using my dollhouse lamp for light when I should have been asleep. I needed to read the way I needed to breathe and still do. It was such a gift and I thank you for it. I can only hope that my books help someone somewhere in the same way yours has helped me.

I send you much love and many prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Danette


No comments:

Post a Comment