Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Puppies, Visits & Spring

So yeah, house training Luna could be going better. I thought she’d pick it up from Noodle, my Yorkie, right away but … I’m not that lucky. Noodle is so good too! He NEVER goes in the house. As a matter of fact, he doesn’t do regular dog stuff. No eating shoes, carpets, couches, NOTHING. He is a scratch hog though. If he’s near you and your hands aren’t busy doing something, he insists you scratch him. I’m hoping Luna will learn soon. I am loving her to pieces anyway.


Last Friday, I visited with the students at Notre Dame Academy. First with grades 4 - 6, then with the 8th graders who have read TROUBLE as assigned reading and who are doing research on Red Hook Brooklyn, my hometown; the place where I imagine TROUBLE to take place. All of the students were just awesome! They asked great questions which made it more of a conversation. I laughed so much, especially with the 8th graders. One of the girls—and this just warms my heart beyond belief—is going to use one of Miss Shirley’s quotes for her contribution to the year book! It just happens to be one of my favorites too. We both love Miss Shirley! Here’s the quote:

“Never minus good deeds from yourself, there are plenty of people in this world who will do that for you.”

If that wasn’t enough, yesterday I received individual fan mail from the students. Each one gave me goose-bumps and some even made me tear up. One girl didn’t like to read. In her words, she thought reading was for nerds. BUT NOW, since reading my book and not being able to put it down, she loves reading! THAT’S what it’s all about. Yeah, I’m doing the Hokey Pokey and I am shaking it all about! Okay, not really but I should!

By the way, I am loving, loving, loving, the trees in bloom. One is prettier than the next. They just make me so happy. I am looking at the buds on the tree right outside my window and they have literally burst overnight. They’re bright green and when the sun is setting, they glow. I could watch them for hours.

Dear Spring, you make my heart & soul sing …

No comments:

Post a Comment