Friday, January 7, 2011

The Trouble with Half a Moon Release Day

For years, I imagined the wonderful party I’d have the day my book was released; the cake with my cover on it, the music, the food, the dancing and the people. But when the time came, I wasn’t feeling a party. The only excuse I can come up with for this change of heart is that I must’ve played the party over and over in my head so much that I was partied out!

While I didn’t have a party, I did have a really, really nice day. In fact, it felt better than my birthday! First, a great lunch with friends and family, then later in the day, a great dinner with my parents. After dinner, I visited a couple of bookstores and introduced myself. One box store and one indie. Both were very nice and are placing orders since they didn’t have the book in stock, but the people in the indie also spoke of having an event in their store! Kewl, I say! And THANKS, too!

On another note, back in September or October (can’t remember which right now) I started writing a monthly column for, The Red Hook Star-Revue (Brooklyn, NY). Last month, they interviewed me and yesterday, they ran the article complete with a big copy of TROUBLE’S cover. I stared at it for a few seconds and once again, I was reminded of just how much I’m in love with it.

*Sigh*

Anyway, check out this awesome gift my sister-in-law/bff gave me at lunch. It’s so perfect!


Thanks, Michele!

4 comments:

  1. I"m glad you had a good release day and I hope you get to do the signing at the Indie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs a party? It sounds like it was a perfect day!!! Congrats Danette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Danette! I'm glad you had a great day! Can't wait for my copy of TROUBLE to arrive!

    ReplyDelete