Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life is Weird, You Know?

Growing up or just trying like crazy to become grown sometimes gets in the way of taking notice of the things you have, like community and belonging. Today, I attended Red Hook’s Old Timer’s Day where I shared laughs, shed some happy tears with people who’ve been absent from my life for far too many years, and hugged numerous others. I came home with a heart full of love for a place that has made me, me and for the wonderful people who were there along the way. It was a good day …

2 comments:

  1. That's great, Danette. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the big picture that we sometimes forget what we have right in front of us. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel, like when we were all at the family reunion, so many memories remembered and made. That was the best time for 2010, not such a bad year after all.

    ReplyDelete