Thursday, May 27, 2010

So Much to Tell You!

My school visit was awesome! I presented to about forty-nine students and their parents at P.S. 42. The students participated in the Ezra Jack Keats Bookmaking Contest and let me tell you, they are a talented bunch. After Q & A, I was presented with this:




I know! I love it! I almost cried but thank goodness stopped myself.

Mr. Sharkey, the Principal, and Ms. Siblo, the Librarian, are doing a wonderful job. You can feel it the minute you step into the school. It was truly an honor to be there and I hope the students never lose sight of their dreams.

In other news, my new title is ... are you ready?

THE TROUBLE WITH HALF A MOON

What do you think? It was weird at first, I admit. But now, I really like it. I just received 1st pass pages yesterday. WhooHoo! It's gettingggggg closer ...

And, in other other news, Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich, author of  8TH GRADE SUPERZERO (which I happened to love) blurbed my book! I may have fought off tears at P.S. 42 but they certainly won after I read her blurb. I'm gonna give her a big fat kiss when I see her at the Brooklyn Book Festival Mingle next week!

Whew! That is all. I think ...

4 comments:

  1. So glad your school visit went well. What a wonderful plaque, Danette! It's BEAUTIFUL! You had every reason to cry. And WOW, to top things off . . . a blurb from Olugbemisola. That is AWESOME NEWS!

    Can't wait to see your book in print . . . and speaking of which . . . I think the title change will be fine; but it DOES take some getting used to after seeing it as TROUBLE NO SET LIKE RAIN. But no worries, I know your story is fantastic, just from reading the brief description on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The award is beautiful - what a lovely reminder for you. And I can't wait to read the blurb and the book! YAY!!
    Nelsa

    ReplyDelete