Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween

I've been away too long. I have a good excuse though, I've been working on my new wip. It's called, THE MEMORY SWEEPERS. It's different for me and I'm really liking it.

So, tomorrow is Halloween. And, I. don't. like. it. I know, who doesn't like free candy, right? Let's face it though, it's like the day/night of beggars-- my kid included. I have three giant bags of candy from COSTCO. Why can't my daughter just eat that? Why must we risk eating things from STRANGERS? Hello? What's the number one thing we tell our kids? Yup, don't take candy from strangers. Don't even get close to them. And here we are encouraging this behavior. Even going so far as to allowing them to walk right up to a stranger's door and ring the darn bell! Come Sunday, we'll be back to, GET AWAY FROM THAT STRANGER! Sheesh!

You know what? I married a man who LOVES Halloween. My kids love it too. How did this happen? I have no idea.

When I was little, I got sick on Halloween. Turned out to be the Chicken Pox. First bad memory. Somebody probably wiped their germs all over the candy before dropping it into my Pathmark shopping bag. Then, when I was a young adult, I was invited to a Halloween costume party. My father, who always made us up in the best possible way, made me into a scarecrow. It was awesome. Second mistake. You know who won the contest? Some girl in high heels and a short skirt calling herself--- errr--- a lady of the night. Ugh!

Halloween, Schmalloween ...

No comments:

Post a Comment