Monday, March 9, 2009

James McBride and Me

I'm taking a short break from reading children's books to read, SONG YET SUNG by James McBride. He and I grew up in the same housing project in Brooklyn only not at the same time.

I'm only on page forty something but man, I'm loving this book. I took it with me to read while I got a pedicure and one scene had my toes curling up! Now how can feet be worked on with toes looking like little nubs? Well, maybe they weren't all that curled up but I was on the edge of my seat. And that's the truth.

James McBride is a wonderful writer to say the least. I like to think there was something in the water, making its way out to us through those old pipes. I can only hope and pray my water was spiked with the same stuff his was.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danette,

    This sounds like a great book. I went to look at it on amazon and the storyline is truly amazing. No wonder you couldn't put it down! This is going on my to-be-read list.

    ReplyDelete