Monday, March 2, 2009

Daffodils and Soapy Carrots

Whew! My daughter made it home just as the snow storm was starting. So glad to have her home.

And, all that kissing I did in the post office a couple of weeks ago at the risk of looking like a wacko, paid off. My agent likes LOVING BABY DOE but, we need a new title. I thought coming up with something new would be a breeze … uh, yeah right. I was breeze-LESS big time. I could only come up with two and the same word was in both. Yikes.

So, there’s a ton of snow out there and it is suffocating the daffodils just starting to make their way into my world, I mean the world. I hope they’re okay.

Anyway, I did a big grocery shopping last week and we had everything we needed for dinner except a vegetable. I like fresh veggies but too bad, I wasn’t getting them today. Like I said, I’m snowed in. I did, however, have a bag of mixed frozen veggies in the freezer. Okay, we can do that I thought … until I put a carrot in my mouth! Tasted like soap. My mama told me it isn’t nice to spit things out at the table but, c’mon, she didn’t have an old soapy carrot in her mouth. Did I mention that I have no idea how long they were in the freezer? No? Well, let’s just say, I don’t remember buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment