Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feathers and Conferences

I'll be attending the Society for Children's Writers and Illustrators conference at the end of the month. This will be my first conference ever. I was always too chicken. I felt like I wasn't a published/real writer so I didn't belong there. But now with a book deal in hand, that whole excuse should have flown out of the window, right?

Don't make me laugh.

When it came time to register for the conference this time, I felt feathers starting to sprout again. I tried to stop them but then I started to cluck.

How can this be?

Then a dear writer friend of mine suddenly turned into --- A Conference Pusher. She's brave with a capital B and registered right away. Before I had a chance to dip my toe in and think about it, she pushed me over the side! Yes, this sweet girl turned into the Hulk. And you know what? I am thankful.

Sometimes you need to be pushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment